Lockheed Martin Military Space Engineering Architecture / Capture Principle in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Military Space Engineering Architecture / Capture Principle within the Office of the Chief Engineer
Seeking thought leader to serve Military Space Chief Engineer’s office in multiple roles, including engineering oversight and stage setting for new business captures, architecture review, and technical issue resolution. With customers demanding demonstration of new low-cost capabilities on unprecedented timelines, this role will serve a critical function in proactively engaging in new business pursuits to help shape, guide, and transform the engineering team’s approach to meet aggressive cost and schedule demands with creative technical solutions. In addition, this critical role will require an expert that can serve as a key technical reviewer of architectures and lead issue resolution within the Chief Engineer’s office.
As the Military Space Engineering Architecture / Capture Principle , you will:
• Engage with Business Capture team to help set the stage for engineering risk posture and architecture
• Closely work with other stakeholder organizations (Bus Center of Excellence) to ensure the engineering architecture and approach are fully coordinated and consistent with mission
• Provide technical oversight and coordination of engineering resources necessary to evaluate and resolve issues, including coordination of external expertise
• Set the standard and expectations across space and ground segments to ensure that the proper technical/cost/schedule/risk balance is delivered to the program and our customer.
• Drive technical engagement and guidance across multiple programs to ensure effective communication of best practices, lessons learned, consistent standards, and approaches across the Line of Business.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• BS, MS, or PhD in engineering or related discipline
• Technical and/or leadership experience with demonstrated expertise in space vehicle design and development
• Experience managing and delivering technical, cost, and schedule requirements for a product or program.
• Demonstrated business acumen / awareness in shaping proposals and new offerings
• Demonstrated experience with relationship building, and personal acumen skills to effectively influence change and thought leadership across multiple organizations.
• Experience with multi-disciplinary teams to solve complex development or design issues and experience in the failure resolution/remediation process leading to mission success.
• Must be an excellent communicator, with experience presenting to executive leadership and external customers
• Demonstrated experience with development, assembly/integration/test, readiness, and operations of space systems
• Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task across portfolio demands
• Ability to obtain TS-SCI and/or DoD TS security clearance
• Active TS-SCI with CI Poly and/or DoD TS security clearance
• Demonstrated ability to collaboratively manage expectations, resolve conflict, and set achievable results with internal and external stakeholders, spanning from technical component and subsystem experts through senior management levels.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop technical talent
• Experience with non-traditional ways (i.e. “Go-fast”) of meeting customer needs.
• Demonstrated experience and success supporting proposals and winning new business.
• Expertise in contemporary design of spacecraft, payload and ground systems. Prior experience as a subsystem or system CPE within the LMS culture.
• Experience leading teams or departments responsible for multiple space hardware subsystems or systems. Experience with ground systems also a plus.
• Experience with procurement and management of supplier developed hardware to include collaboration with enterprise subcontract management teams.
• Experience in the production of in-house fabricated products to include collaboration with production, planning, and quality assurance organizations.
• Demonstrated complex analysis experience
• Wide variety of customer experience and exposure across LOBs
• Experience in a position responsible for making high stakes decisions
• Experience in a production environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.