Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Analog/Digital Design Engineer I (664065) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Analog/Digital Design Engineer - I
What You’ll Do:
- Design digital interfaces utilizing ADCs, DACs, FPGAs, and memory components
- Design analog interfaces utilizing power, control, and amplifier components
- Schematic capture of digital and analog interfaces
- Circuit simulation of analog interfaces
- Mechanical layout and interfaces
- Work to define and design cables
- Build small assemblies, rework as required
- Support integration and testing of various electronic assemblies
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Solid knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Hands on experience with both analog and digital interfaces.
- Familiarity and experience with WCA (worse case analysis), PSA (parts stress analysis), prediction is a plus.
- Electronics packaging at PWA and chassis level is desired.
- Ability to work with lab equipment, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, signal generators, power supplies, logic analyzers.
- Some Experience with Matlab, C/C++ and scripting is preferred.
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and SoCs and VHDL is a plus.
- Designing for tactical environments (temperature, shock, vibration) is a plus.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Analog/Digital Design Engineer I (664065)
Job ID: 664065
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time