Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Associate Engineer - Systems Engineering, Tactical Solutions (665818) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Associate Engineer – Systems Engineering, Tactical Solutions
Support systems engineering tasks associated with the development of tactical solutions flight systems and sub systems. Our mission is to support the war fighter.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a team environment assisting Systems Engineers on tasks throughout the lifecycle of tactical programs or R&D; projects.
- Understand and refine requirements for: low observable conformal and phased array antennas, or electro optical systems.
- Provide analyses in the form of released documents for the same systems. Manage system interfaces.
- Support program gates such as the preliminary design review and critical design review
- Subject matter expertise is Electronic Warfare systems and analysis
- Work on airborne optical or RF antenna based systems that support the war fighter.
- Support the development, test and evaluation of hardware, software, support equipment and systems as required.
- Author, review, update, and execute test procedures to evaluate spaceflight hardware quality and performance.
- Manage requirements over the program lifecycle – including requirement elicitation, architecture, definition, analysis, allocation, traceability, verification, and validation.
- Track and manage project changes to facilitate scope control, process improvement, document traceability, and quality assurance.
- Participate in risk management activities to plan, monitor, and control opportunities and threats.
- Present ideas to internal/external customers in both informal and formal settings.
- Promote and participate in mentorship activities to increase working knowledge of your program, your company, and yourself.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Interest, experience, and/or classwork in spacecraft or space instrumentation, including, but not limited to: systems engineering, hardware integration and testing, data acquisition and analysis, or systems architecture and design.
- Self-starter attitude and drive to reach beyond typical job responsibilities and deliver results.
- Big picture mentality and desire to maintain a strong technical vision of the end product.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to understand the customer’s needs and clearly describe proposed solutions.
- Good writing and presentation skills with experience communicating to senior decision-makers and technical audiences.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Associate Engineer - Systems Engineering, Tactical Solutions (665818)
Job ID: 665818
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time