Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Chief Engineer - Electrical Engineering (664624) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Chief Engineer – Electrical Engineering
This leadership position is for an experienced Electrical Engineer who can lead a team of high performing electrical engineers for electronics and harness ESTE/EGSE through full life cycle development, build, test and delivery. The Chief Engineer will have oversight responsibility for overall design and architecture of all Electrical Solutions (ES) offerings. This person will be the technical “go to” person for any ES deliverable related technical question or issue. This is a full-time position that reports to the Director of Electrical Solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage the electrical architecture technical baseline on programs.
- Develop solutions that meet our customer needs and requirements.
- Organize, specify, maintain and communicate the technical roadmap for all electronics products.
- Work with all of the design engineers by providing direction, mentoring and reviewing their design analysis.
- Support and review the preparation and presentation of major design and readiness reviews, and convey to our internal and external customers that our deliverable will do what they need.
- Responsible for generating engineering documents including specifications, environmental design requirements, support to statements of work and test plan development through ownership of the technical baseline.
- Serves as the “technical Advisor” for Pink/Red team support.
- Investigate and solve critical technical issues during execution (MRB/FRB, performance issues, anomaly resolution, etc.).
- Support the New Business and Technology Manager for review of all proposals, BOEs, costing from execution perspective and for new design versus reuse baseline.
- Serve as stakeholder for Design for Reliability (DFR), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Test (DFT) for all Electrical Solution offerings.
- Initiate and lead process/tool/test changes for less painful execution with support from Subject Matter Experts (SME) in Electrical Solutions.
- Support the program execution manager to convey risk posture to the program leadership team.
- Lead and guide all EE interface trades and analysis, and balance technical performance against cost and schedule risk with input from Program Execution Manager.
- Serve as stakeholder for all electronics make/buy trades for electronics products and capabilities. Work closely with Supply Chain to identify suitable contract support.
- Support the Operations Manager with definition of capabilities needed to support product class development (both in manufacturing and test of electrical deliverables).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with the following engineering disciplines: electronics, hardware, firmware, FPGA, digital, power/controller systems, test, harness, ESTE/EGSE, parts, reliability, radiation, packaging, layout, structural, and thermal analysis.
- Astute and dynamic leadership based on the Inspire, Connect and Achieve (ICA) model, self-motivation and ability to work in a team of high professional individuals.
- Ability to lead, perform and deliver even when requirements, top level flow down and constraints are vaguely defined or not defined at all.
- A current TS/SCI security clearance is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to effectively lead group discussions, ability to set priorities and to delegate as required to meet objectives.
- Experience in multidisciplinary team work environment with small team leadership responsibilities.
- Superb verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
AERO: Most Wanted
Job Classified as Most Wanted - $5,000 Referral Fee
Job Title: Chief Engineer - Electrical Engineering (664624)
Job ID: 664624
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time