Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electronics Packaging Engineer I (664529) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Electronics Packaging Engineer I
Develop ground support equipment such as chassis, rack and fixture designs, board and box-level test sets, interconnect diagrams, cable designs, thermal vacuum fixturing, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop CAD models of electronics designs and generate ICD's, detailed and assembly drawings.
- Develop product structures and manage long lead procurements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following CAD tools is required:
- Must have strong oral and written communicative skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- The following skills are strongly desired:
- Experience with Agile PDM tool.
- Strong working knowledge of military specifications and standards.
- Skilled in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Spacecraft cable and wire harness design experience.
- Experience with advanced packaging technologies, BGA's COTS, and MCM's.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Electronics Packaging Engineer I (664529)
Job ID: 664529
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time