Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Electronics Packaging Engineer II (665555) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Electronics Packaging Engineer II
Develop flight and ground support equipment such as chassis, rack and fixture designs, board and box-level test sets, interconnect diagrams, cable designs and thermal vacuum fixturing.
What You'll Do:
- Develop CAD models of ruggedized electronics designs and generate ICD’s, detailed and assembly drawings.
- Develop product structures and manage long lead procurements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in design/development of electronics packaging for Hi-Rel, aerospace applications.
- Must be proficient in one or more of the following CAD tools:
- SDRC I-Deas
- Experience with Agile PDM tool desirable.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of military specifications and standards.
- Skilled in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M.
- Strong oral and written communicative skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- Spacecraft cable and wire harness design experience is desirable.
- Experience with advanced packaging technologies, BGA's COTS, and MCM's is strongly desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Electronics Packaging Engineer II (665555)
Job ID: 665555
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time